25 February 2005

It will only take a minute

Or... how Aunty B had somewhat intimate body parts plucked out most unexpectedly this week.

So there I was, hungover as all hell after the cushion room birthday feast. Struggling with normal human interaction, and a particulalry unpleasant phone call with a "senior" person, and staying focused on writing the odd 200 words here and there, as is my professional speciality.

When suddenly it was 5 minutes to my dental appointment that I booked earlier that week. Cunningly placed mind you to avoid my birthday, and extend a lunch break at work but without much thought to the fact that it was the notorious, mid week day after. Cue scary music.

So oh well - bit of a liedown in the dentist's chair - no worries, may even be peaceful. You see, dear readers, I'd just booked a check to see what needed to be done with a top wisdom tooth which so far had slipped quite unobtrusively into line with the other teeth, and seemed reasonably happy, but was starting to bump against the bottom ones on occasion.

Sayeth dentist Jeff "oh we could thet out right her if you like" - he was South African - what is that about he medical profession? You see, Jeff said it had to come out anyway, so why not now, it wouldn't take long. So I did. Get it off the list of things to do, you know.

Just thought you'd like to know that. Big brave B had her tooth "most untimely ripped" on Thurday, and then went straight back to work. One neurofen, one bit o' gauze that I had to take out quick smart because it was making me gag, and a quiet arvo of writing and feeling slightly woozy. Ha. take that traditional fears and phobias.

I am so having a day or two off when mr biz lowbagger gets back from the zone.

Also - betty sue is hilarious. We have a mutual fan club.

No comments: