25 September 2011

Ear Worms

Hi bloggers, Do you get phrases, lyrics and snippts of conversation stuck in your brain going round and round like a record while you process your actual experiences? I do. Here's some - all from memory and playing the CD so apologies for any misquoting.

Now the world can be an unfair place at times
But your lows will have their complement of highs
And if anyone should cheat you, take advantage of you or beat you
Raise your hand and wear your wounds with pride

You must stick up for yourself son, never mind what anybody else done  

Yeasayer, "Ambling Alp" - first heard played at Splendour in the Grass, on a Sunny mid-afternoon. Takes me back there every time I hear it

"For every pot, there is a lid"  
Russian Proverb, quoted by my hairdresser Natasha.

My therapist said/ not to see you no more
She said you're like a disease/ without any cure
She said I'm so obsessed that I'm becoming a bore, oh no
I think you're so pretty - oh - eh- oh

Moved out the house/ saw you moved next door
I locked you out/ you cut a hole in the wall
I found you sleeping next to me/ I thought I was alone
You're driving me crazy / when are you coming home

James, mid nineties indie band in their song "Laid"

When you're laying on your death bed and everyone's gathered around to say goodbye, you're never going to think "I wish I spent more time at work."  

My Dad, from his life experience, I gather.

We talk about it all night long
We define our moral ground
And when I fall into your arms
Everything; it comes tumbling down.

Nick Cave, "The Ship Song" - I have had this one on repeat ever since I was about 17 and bought the Good Son album after seeing hime play live at the first national, touring Big Day Out (199-cough-3)

1 comment:

meririsa said...

Oh! Hello! I get songs looped in my head too. Mostly not of my choice though - I blame my local schmupermarket, which seems to be targetting exactly my demongraphic. They play songs from the 80's and 90's that should have been buried and left there. Then it is in my head all day.
I had forgotten about Laid. Used to sing along to that one loud in my bedroom! x